Bishops Caundle Church, Dorset
No events found - please check back
NEW GRANT RECEIVED
Added: 24th November 2020
Added: 26th May 2020
Current Pew Sheet
The Church at Bishops Caundle is part of the Three Valleys Benefice and has been at the centre of the community for almost a 1000 years, sharing both joyous occasions and sad times with the village. Unlike most churches Bishops Caundle Church does not have any dedication and is known simply as Bishops Caundle Church.
Formulated in 2018 the Development Project has the following goals:
- To make the church a much more flexible and usable space
- To address vital issues to do with safety, accessibility and disability
- To bring the building up to a much higher standard of comfort
- To provide the facilities that will make its use a pleasure
- To repair the fabric of the building, particularly the roof
Launched in 2019 the Development Appeal is looking to raise £450,000 to carry out the work required under the Development Plan. To date £55,125 has been raised via donations, events and other activities.
Aerial photo courtesy of Dorset Historic Churches Trust