Bishops Caundle Church, Dorset
Saturday 27th June 2020
Concert by a Quartet from the Royal Marines Association
After the success of this years event we are pleased to confirm that we have planned another concert by the Royal Marines Association in 2020
Further details regarding Tickets will be announced in due course.
Current Pew Sheet
The Church at Bishops Caundle is part of the Three Valleys Benefice and has been at the centre of the community for almost a 1000 years, sharing both joyous occasions and sad times with the village. Unlike most churches Bishops Caundle Church does not have any dedication and is known simply as Bishops Caundle Church.
Formulated in 2018 the Development Project has the following goals:
- To make the church a much more flexible and usable space
- To address vital issues to do with safety, accessibility and disability
- To bring the building up to a much higher standard of comfort
- To provide the facilities that will make its use a pleasure
- To repair the fabric of the building, particularly the roof
Launched in 2019 the Development Appeal is looking to raise £450,000 to carry out the work required under the Development Plan. To date £50,525 has been raised via donations, events and other activities.
Aerial photo courtesy of Dorset Historic Churches Trust